I had spent considerable time and effort studying the variances between the DNA of Human and Feline and determined the major points of difference. Creating a serum that would cause an alteration in human DNA to reproduce feline traits had been costly, but I determined it would be worth it if it provided me the companion I craved. The larger felines were every bit as trainable as canines, and I had hopes that with proper domestication techniques my new pet would be affectionate and obedient, the two most important traits I craved in a companion.
Unfortunately my first two live tests of the serum had proved failures. But I was convinced this was not because the serum itself was at fault, but because my dosages were off.
The first test-subject had accepted her obedience training well enough. But once Id injected the serum into her system it had gone rampant. The subjects transformation had gone far too quickly and progressed much too far. By the time the serum had burned itself from her system I was unable to detect any human traits in the subject. I considered dissecting her to determine just how far the transformation had progressed, and perhaps determine what had gone wrong, but I didnt have the heart to destroy her, so instead I drove the subject out deep into the countryside and released her in the hopes shed survive on her own.
The second test-subject had struggled against the obedience training at first, but after consistent repetitions of negative and positive reinforcements had finally submitted. Again unfortunately the serum had not performed correctly. I had taken careful measurements of the body-weights of both subjects and mixed the serum accordingly. Having determined that the dose given to the first subject had been far too high, I reduced it by exactly half according to her body weight. The transformation had progressed at a much slower rate - in fact I was certain early on that the rate of change was much too slow. After four days the subject had ceased all signs of transformation. I noted the following changes:
1> Subjects hands and feet had noticeably changed color, nails had partially recessed and were slightly retractable.
2> Subjects facial structure had changed slightly, her upper lip had begun to split, faint hints of whiskers.
3> Subjects ears had become pointed, larger, and moved nearly two inches higher on her head.
4> Subjects eyes had noticeably changed. Both irises had taken a partial vertical slit-shape.
5> Subjects upper and lower canines had elongated, many other teeth had shown signs of change towards carnivore teeth.
6> Subjects vocal cords had changed, she showed no signs of being able to reproduce human speech.
7> Subject proved incapable of either writing her name or other information, or of reproducing things that I wrote for her.
Again I considered putting the subject down and doing an autopsy, but I didnt have the heart to destroy it. I was reasonably certain that the subject would never be recognized, nor was able to identify me. I took the subject outside the city in the opposite direction of the first subject and released it into the wild. Ive heard no reports of sightings of either specimen; I shall hope they both manage to survive.
On the way back from releasing specimen number two I happened to chance upon a young female standing outside a half-ruined gas-station. I stopped to offer assistance and determine if this might prove to be a new test subject. The subject seemed rather relieved to see me, and as we traveled she explained that she had gone to a party with her boyfriend and been abandoned with no other way home. Apparently shed seen him leaving with another girl. She seemed quite distraught. I offered her a ride, and then offered her a bottle of water from my cooler. I gave her one of the bottles Id doctored with a powerful sleep agent, and shortly there-after she had lost consciousness. I found the fact that the subject was wearing a collar with a leash-ring rather amusing.
I took test subject number three to my lab and proceeded to set up my next experiment. Once I had removed her clothing I weighed her carefully to ensure that I prepared the proper dosage of the serum. I also performed several other tests to make sure that she was a healthy specimen. Every test came back perfectly, although her blood-alcohol was very high, so I determined to give her a few days to work that out of her system before continuing with the test. I moved her to the containment chamber and placed her in restraints to ensure her cooperation and her inability to harm either herself or me during the test. I put fresh water in the subjects water dish in case she awoke thirsty. It wouldnt do for the subject to suffer dehydration. Then I turned out the lights in the containment and went off to seek my own rest. Obedience-training of the subject will begin in the morning.
- - -
Here's the teaser for the series. Going to force myself to put them out one each day, maybe more, once I'm happy with the story-bits going along with them.
DAZ studio: aiko3
To continue: [link]